It took me a long time to figure out that there’s no secret to a quiet mind. Like any activity we get better at it through practice. We practice mindfulness by being present in any activity we perform, paying attention to the details, becoming absorbed in the moment. Unless you have tonnes of time, don’t do what I did and read dozens of books on this stuff. Just read any one of these and use your extra time to practice mindfulness.
- The Power of Now is the new age classic. Everyone should read this book
- For the meditator, and runner in all of us
- Executives and stressed out folks will love this
- This is the classic psychology side know as Flow
- This is my type of meditation, quick
- This is a cool book, Mindfulness
- The Joy of Living is a beautiful book