Which banker doesn’t want to make it rain? How many have a highly systematic method for making it rain week after week, year after year?
To drive your banking career you want a system to make it rain.
You can go about it haphazardly hoping to get paid or get yourself a winning system.
Want to get paid and promoted?
You must be making it rain.
Not every banker gets paid and promoted.
In fact, fewer and fewer do.
And it’s no secret that the commercial killers are first in line for earning the biggest bonuses and jobs.
You can kid yourself that working hard should be enough, that you’re undervalued.
Or recognize that bankers are valued the same way as banks—performing assets and revenues streams.
You don’t win by working hard, but doing what is valued.
We all know that working around the clock isn’t enough.
How many bankers do you know grinding it out, jumping on every grenade, who still fail to get paid and promoted?
Too few bankers recognize they aren’t valued for working long hours, but for the dollar value they generate in those hours.
At junior levels it’s different, but to drive your career to the top and beyond you must be making it rain.
Many fail at the worst time.
Many banker careers stall out at the VP and MD levels because they’ve failed to build the relationships and skills to drive revenues.
The costs are ENORMOUS.
It’s the worst time in your career to fail, when you’ve invested years, decades, driving your career, and your other options are now limited.
The costs to the firm are enormous too.
Investing heavily in bankers who fail to produce, they have little choice but to let them go.
Often at the worst times, in a down market, when everyone else is looking for a job too.
Too little too late.
If you’re already a VP or MD now trying to figure out how you drive revenues, it might already be too late.
If you lack the relationships, processes, skills to generate deal flow, there might be little you can do.
Or certainly you have a lot of catching up.
But on the flip-side, if you’ve been focused on driving revenues your entire career, now is your time to thrive.
Whatever your goals are—promotion, run the firm, leave and start your own—everything is possible when you’re making it rain.
The massive hidden problem in banking.
This might sound incredibly naive to some of you who get it, but in my early years I failed to see my career this way, and I know many bankers who still do.
The massive hidden problem in banking is—
Many bankers don’t know they are in a sales job.
In any other industry you’d be called an account executive or salesperson, which would make it clear your job is selling.
Even many senior bankers still miss this point. They think it’s a deal business.
No. The craft of banking is doing deals, but the business is selling deals.
It’s like investing.
The craft of investing is deploying capital, but the business of investing is earning fees on assets under management.
The survival skill nobody ever teaches you.
As an analyst and associate you’re rewarded for getting it done.
Do that year after year and you keep getting paid and promoted to more senior levels.
Then, at some point somebody hands you a coverage list and says your job is to “cover companies.”
Sure, you’ve sat in tons of boring banker meetings.
Watched others and yourself page through big boring banker books.
You’re led to believe this is doing your job, client service, but no banker ever pulls you aside and says…
This is what it means to be a commercial killer.
A challenge for many bankers is how quickly the job changes from being valued for burning the midnight oil to being valued for your dollar contribution.
And with many bankers trained to believe that the key to a “Great Meeting” is a big, boring banker book…
That puts even bankers to sleep…
Few bankers are groomed in the processes and skills you need for making it rain.
How do you best target opportunities?
Best build client relationships?
And, actually, drive them through to revenues?
You want a powerful system.
Not to spend the next decade of your life going deep into the craft of selling…
But to know exactly how to be commercial, and have a highly systematic method for doing it.
The Rainmaking Bankers System isn’t a method to do a good job and keep getting paid or promoted.
It’s not for winning a deal here or there.
It’s a highly systematic method for Rainmaking Bankers to win week in week out, month after month, year after year.
Now, to be clear, this isn’t just selling.
The banker sale is a high-end, relationship-based, trusted sale.
And you need far more than a few loosey goosey ideas on “selling:”
An end-to-end method.
To the way you organize around lead generation (client coverage) all the way through to the way you position yourself and your firm to drive your sale.
Not “salesy” ideas…
You want a custom built system for bankers by bankers that includes rigorous process and skills any banker can learn fast.
A way to get good at this, FAST.
Time waits for no banker. You want a highly sophisticated method that’s simple for you to be putting to work right away.
Discover the proven system for building Rainmaking Bankers.
Here’s just some of what you get with this 16 hour masterclass.
- A System for Rainmaking.
We review the System For Rainmaking and the Macro Process you want for making it rain.
- Principles of Rainmaking.
Because many of us have never studied selling, we’re not clear on exactly what sells, and how, specifically you help clients buy.
- Lead Generating.
Targeting the right business is key to rainmaking. We go deep into sourcing funnels, qualifying, what it means to storm chase and game it out.
- Getting It Rainmaking.
Getting It is knowing what’s required for showing up your best, getting it raining.
- The Rainmaking Protocol.
Big boring bankers books are the norm. Top rainmakers want a protocol to drive every meeting from open to close, intent to your outcome.
- Rainmaking Bankers Deep Learning Track.
This track brings together the Masterclass, integrating The System For Rainmaking deep in your brain.
Introducing Rainmaking Bankers.
We discuss that as much as we’re told to be commercial, nobody teaches us exactly how, hence many bankers fail.
This Masterclass is the solution, an end-to-end method you can put to work right away.
- The massive hidden problem.
We dive deeper into the notion banking is selling, and once you see this, how much better you can be.
- But it’s not just selling.
It’s a high-end, trust-based, relationship business that demands more than just being a salesperson.
- The five massive misconceptions of selling.
Understanding these and you’re already much better equipped for making it rain.
The System For Rainmaking.
Even the best ideas are not enough.
All of my work is highly systematic because that’s what you want.
Systems drive your best process, results, and give you a powerful method for continuously improving.
- People hear the word system and it can sound all fancy, but in the end all that matters is how good you can get at consistently, repeatedly putting them to work.
- So it must be simple.
- Like an auto production line. There’s a lot that goes into putting a car together, but laid out on a production line it’s just a series of small steps.
Too many incomplete solutions.
In life we come across many basic and incomplete solutions.
If you’re hunting for a job people say you just have to get out there. You have to network. OK. With whom? Where? When? How?
It’s a decent sounding idea but it’s weak.
- Selling is much the same. People say you need to increase your pipeline. Get more prospects in the top of the funnel.
- Great. It sounds smart, but how? What is your specific method?
An end-to-end method.
The System For Rainmaking is far from some basic ideas on how to be commercially effective.
It’s an end-to-end method for making it rain week after week, year after year.
- Preparation is how you show up your absolute best. Not just showing up book in bag, but showing up prepared like a pro athlete on Game Day.
- Flawless execution too comes through flawless preparation, where we focus on exactly how you move a meeting to your desired outcome using the Rainmaker Protocol.
- Winning takes skills. We don’t explicitly cover these Power Skills in this program but give you bonus tracks for quickly building winning skills.
Why settle for one game-winning system?
In this track we also introduce the Macro Process which is a systematic method for how you, specifically, go to market in making it rain.
We go deeper into this method in the subsequent tracks.
- How do you systematically spin up your sourcing funnels and qualify leads?
- And then drive your process all the way through the rain!
The Principles of Rainmaking.
To get excellent at anything, fast. Get the principles.
Everything I do is systematic and principles-based. Why? Because it is by far the best and fastest way to master anything!
Ray Dalio’s made billions of dollars off his principles because as he puts it, “Principles are concepts that can be applied over and over again in similar circumstances as distinct from narrow answers to specific questions.”
Yet, when it comes to most things in life, and certainly rainmaking, nobody ever teaches us the principles.
With just five principles you can master anything, and here we cover those for rainmaking.
- Principle 1 is simple, but few will ever do it.
We often think of selling as what you do with a client in front of you. But, ultimately, selling is preparation, and by this we mean, hardcore preparation.
- Principle 2 is what you’re preparing…
Hardcore processes and skills.
- Principle 3 has nothing to do with you!
Selling we most often think is about what we say or do, when, ultimately, it’s all about them. Knowing why we buy, how, specifically, your clients buy is how you make it rain.
- Principle 4 is knowing we buy for only one reason.
- Principle 5 is navigating them buying.
Here we unfold hardcore tech, not just “selling,” but advanced tools of influence and change, moving people from where they are to where they want to be.
Hugest mistake many of us make selling.
Thinking selling is about “selling” everyone.
- Selling is a sourcing problem. It’s about hunting down those people who don’t need to be sold!
- This is the essence of lead generation, or sourcing.
Question: If you had a hot dog stand what advantages would you want on your side?
Best hot dogs? Bread? Location, location, location?
You can have all that. We’d want just one advantage—A long line of hungry customers.
- If you were fishing, you’d throw out a bloody great net and allow the right fish to swim to you.
- But you’re not fishing and you don’t have a net, nor the time to call on everyone to figure out your hungry buyers.
- You need a highly systematic method to source and qualify clients.
Mastering sourcing is about time and rain.
- Where do you find your best hungry buyers?
- How do you best qualify leads?
- Build your sales funnels?
- And spin them into vortexes!
But, we’re not just selling paper or real estate here.
Top rainmakers don’t just transact; they are trusted advisors who expertly co-create deals with their clients.
- Cutting to the chase, we talk about storm chasing.
- Smelling the rain is about having a nose for where deals happen next.
- Game theory is about not just waiting for it to rain, but with your clients gaming it out.
Four Step Protocol.
Showing up pro.
This track, a previous version of me walks you through The Four Step Protocol from the Winning Every Meeting Masterclass.
- The Four Step Protocol you see in a number of my programs where it counts for you to show up like an absolute pro.
- Game ready to drive your top performance comes down to the way you prepare your mind and tools to crush your game.
15 years of researching personal development in one simple tool.
Knowledge is impotent.
Winning isn’t about knowing what to do.
- It’s having powerful routines, processes, protocols, to consistently, repeatedly put to work the best of what you do.
- Just like a pro athlete on Game Day, this is what the Four Step Protocol is built for you to do.
- From tens of thousands of hours researching top performance I built the Four Step Protocol to bring together four of the most important aspects of top performance into one simple tool you can easily and powerfully use.
Start with clear intent.
We all know goals are crucial to top performance, but how often do we have them, let alone keep driving them deep into our brains?
- Ahead of every meeting, know, why are you here?
- What results are you seeking? How are you getting here driving top performance?
What Character are you being?
Every pro knows who you show up as defines the results that are possible for you.
- Which version of you best shows up for making it rain?
- How do you model this Character? And condition yourself for showing up your best each and every time?
What’s your state?
Top athletes are maniacal about getting in a peak performance state for playing their best game, and top rainmakers are too.
- The world of personal development is full of talk on state…
- Yet what specifically are your peak performance states and your processes for igniting them?
- What is your state of body? State of mind? And how do you tap the elusive, flow state?
Winning takes tools and skills.
It’s one thing to have read some books on selling and influence…
- It’s another to be highly skilled.
- And it’s another thing altogether to bake into your Four Step Protocol your best tools and skills.
Getting It Rainmaking.
All the time in banking you hear ideas like: she gets it, he doesn’t get it, they’ll never get it…
But what, specifically, does it mean to get it?
In my book, Do What You Want on Wall Street, Getting It is the second step in the System for Doing What You Want.
It’s the intelligence inside The System, knowing what it takes for you to win, is Getting It.
And here we go deep into what it means to be Getting It, specifically in the context of rainmaking.
- Rainmaking is YOU!
Getting It Rainmaking is about showing up as the person who can drive relationships and get it raining. Who is this version of you that best gets it rainmaking?
- Role models and modeling roles.
Who are your role models? What does it mean to model your role? Are you a good soldier or mercenary? Valued as a commodity or scarce resource? What is your unique value and comparative advantage? So on…
- What’s YOUR Strategy?
No company or pro athlete wins by doing what everyone else does. And neither do you. What is your unique strategy for winning?
Your Protocol for killing every meeting.
It’s one thing to show up your best prepared, and another to show up best prepared for driving a meeting from beginning to end.
- The Four Step Protocol prepares you like a pro stepping into the arena game ready and the Rainmaking Protocol is for driving top performance once you’re in there.
- All sports teams have winning plays. Chess grandmasters know their opening, middle and closing moves.
- The Rainmaking Protocol is for your rainmaking moves. A method for the way you drive the meeting from open to close.
Making Your Right Opening Moves.
What does it mean to pre-frame?
We all know what it means to build rapport. But, how, specifically, do you walk into a room and deliberately, rapidly, build rapport?
Then, what do you do with it?
Stop talking and discover…
The biggest mistake many bankers make in meetings is they walk in and start talking.
It’s not only that they monotonously read boring pages from big boring banker books.
It’s that doing this they are failing to listen—
- To what their client most needs. Their desires. Aspirations. Pain. Challenges.
- Ultimately, everything they need from you to be of value to them!
Benefits and Objections are the core of selling.
We talk about them as Drivers and Roadblocks.
Because in this Rainmaking Protocol you’re discovering what drives your client forward and what gets in the way.
- Every salesperson knows selling is about benefits, but how, specifically, do you frame up your benefits?
- What about your objections?
- And how do you best lay them out in your Blackbook?
Driving to your Next Steps.
A mistake salespeople and bankers make is that they fail to even know what is their desired next step…
- Let alone, how to get there…
- Or to hone in on, specifically, just locking in that step.
- It’s unlikely a deal. Is it furthering the relationship? Setting up another meeting? What specifically is your process for getting here?
Deep Learning Track.
This system isn’t just built for regular old learning, but to deeply, quickly get these ideas stuck in your mind.
In the previous tracks you’re doing a lot of work, listening to the tracks, doing the work in the Workbook, bringing your systematic method together.
And in this track, you sit back, relax, and allow it to do all the work on you!
- Bringing it all together.
This track reviews the program in a way it becomes deeply integrated in your brain.
- Not just a review.
This is a different type of learning experience many of us aren’t used to, one that quickly, deeply, gets the System for Rainmaking locked inside.
- For getting your rainmaking…
Better now, and through having these ideas deeply ingrained, driving your system of continuous improvement for better and better results over time.
What's Making It Rain Worth To You?
Value of Rainmaking Bankers
Here’s some of the value you get from this 16 hour Rainmaking Bankers Masterclass.
Access to the ideas clients pay me 5 or 6 figures to learn.
- Until now this program has only been available exclusively to my investment banking clients.
- Just like them you get an exclusive audience with me ranting and raving about winning in your ears!
- In a program you can listen to over and over again, anytime, anywhere you choose.
- At a fraction of the investment clients pay me for one hour of my time.
The best of what I’ve learned in my career.
- This Masterclass brings together EVERYTHING I have learned in the different phases of my career.
- From my career at Goldman Sachs, from analyst to Vice President, in four jobs, including the role of staffer, which gave me insight into hundreds of bankers careers.
- Tens of thousands of hours research and development I’ve done in developing these ideas for my own career and today I share in my books and with clients.
- The best ideas I’ve learned as an advisor to Wall Street leaders.
An end-to-end system built by bankers for bankers.
- This Masterclass is far beyond some random ideas on “selling,” tailored for bankers.
- An end-to-end custom method built for bankers by bankers.
- Starting with sourcing, how do you best focus your time where you can make it rain?
- To how you best prepare to walk into every meeting.
- And how you win when you’re in there!
A custom-built method that’s designed to work for YOU!
- This program brings together the best ideas I’ve seen into the best method I can imagine, yet it’s built to be tailored for your best ideas.
- This isn’t a bunch of ideas telling you what to do but a method you can adapt specifically for you.
- As Bruce Lee put it, “Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.”
16 hours plus book and Workbook.
- This is designed as a comprehensive program to bring all these ideas together for you.
- 16 hours of action packed audio.
- A Workbook in document format you can easily fill in.
- Also included with this Masterclass is my book, Doing What You Want on Wall Street.
BONUS: Wait there’s more 🙂
- To augment the Skills pillar of the System for Rainmaking we included two tracks for rapidly building skills.
- From the System For Winning Masterclass included is a track for rapidly Getting Skills.
- From the Winning Every Meeting Masterclass, included is a track for specifically building the 3 Power Skills—Communications, Selling and Mindset.
What ISN’T this worth to you?
- With all the hours, days, nights, weeks, weekends, years, decades you’re investing in your career what ISN’T making it rain worth to you?
- Are you willing to accept a limited career?
- Or worse, what is the massive cost of failure late in your career?
- To be forced to look for other options at the worst time?
On the rosier side, how much $$ might this be worth to you?
- How much is investing in these skills worth to you? To build yourself into a rainmaker capable of making it rain week after week year after year?
- What is just one more deal worth in your career?
- How much $$? How much in promotion, role, the kudos of being a commercial killer?
- What about doing this consistently year after year?
- How much might this be worth to you over the next 5 years, 10 years, your entire career?
Purchase the Rainmaking Banker Masterclass today and get 30% off
Secure checkout / 100% Unconditional Money-Back Guarantee.
How do I know this?
Well, I’ve been down this road before.
Hi, I’m Geoff Blades.
When I first stepped back from my career at Goldman Sachs and began to focus on these topics, it was a tough time.
2000, sitting in Menlo Park, right after the Internet bubble burst, the business had ground to a halt, and the first of many rounds of layoffs were beginning.
Sitting around looking at the many empty cubes and offices I began to think about my career differently.
And also, to wonder, what made the difference between those who were let go, and those who kept their jobs?
While there are certainly many answers to this question, one simple answer captures them all—
In the worst times those bankers who deliver the most value to the firm will keep their jobs, and too, in the best times they will be best paid and promoted.
Value is a lot of things.
At different levels, and in different businesses on Wall Street, but again, it can clearly be defined as one thing…
How much revenue are you worth to the firm?
If they were to lose you, how much $$ would they lose?
And, of course, what revenues do they keep generating by paying and promoting you?
More than anything…
I wish someone had pulled me aside early in my career and said…
Look, the secret to winning in this business is you have years to keep building relationships and the processes and skills you need to drive revenues.
All the time bankers talk about being a commercial killer, commercial assassin, or some other cool sounding name…
But who ever teaches you exactly what this means?
Let alone, who ever hands you a complete, end-to-end method for becoming the best rainmaker you can be?
Over nearly 20 years this method has come together.
Researching topics like this I built these approaches first to advance my career at Goldman Sachs.
Long before I ever imagined I’d be doing this for other people, and now you!
Back then I wish it had been much simpler for me.
It wasn’t like I read a book and this was all laid out for me. That would have made it easy.
Instead, reading thousands of books, writing thousands of pages of ideas, doing hundreds of training programs, I saw I needed something more.
Not just a lot of great ideas from here and there but an end-to-end method.
A consistent, repeatable approach that you can put to work over and over again driving your best results.
Rainmaking Bankers is built for YOU!
These are not just the ideas that I needed.
Or those that I share with my Wall Street clients.
Over tens of thousands of hours of research I’ve brought together these ideas into a highly customizable method that is built to work, specifically, for YOU!
Purchase the Rainmaking Banker Masterclass today and get 30% off
Secure checkout / 100% Unconditional Money-Back Guarantee.
Keep in mind!
Selling is the job
Here’s some other insights we cover in this masterclass.
- Many bankers don’t know their job is selling.
By the time they figure it out, it can be too late.
- The best time to start rainmaking is now.
You’re never too junior to make it rain. Crush your career all the way to the top honing these skills.
- The banking sale is complicated.
You’re not selling photocopiers. This program isn’t “selling” applied to banking.
- A method for bankers by bankers.
This program came together throughout my career and advising other top bankers.
- Selling is a craft.
Not a “soft-skill” you kind of know. It’s the power skill for driving your career.
- Presenting is not selling.
Bankers are led to believe that if they can read a boring book they are selling!
- Boring books fail to sell.
Top rainmakers never even use books! Trusted advisors are expert at building relationships.
- Relationships drive the sale.
Finding those right relationships and building them is the craft of Rainmaking Bankers.