If you’re serious about going for what you truly want, you want someone on your side.
I know I did. I still do.
Just like a professional athlete, if you’re looking to unleash your potential, you want the best people on your team.
This is a problem.
While there are many so-called “coaches” around, there are few “advisers” to those who are already playing a top game.
What I Wish Someone Had Done For Me
When I began this work back in 2000, I would have given near anything to have had someone to talk it through with.
I felt very alone. I was confronting new questions in my career and life, and I felt I had no-one to turn to.
When you’re working for Goldman Sachs you can hardly just roll up to your local career coach.
So without finding anyone I would trust to work with, I did the work myself, over a decade becoming that “someone” I wish I could have sought out.
Advising People On Getting What They Want
I don’t “coach.” I work exclusively on retainer, partnering with my clients to build and execute highly systematic approaches for getting what they want.
This can mean many things:
- More winning: Getting promoted. Making more money. Building businesses. Leading better. Winning influence. My clients pay me to win more.
- Rich and successful, but unfulfilled: Fulfillment training is knowing what happiness “really” is, and training it every day. It’s easy when you know how.
- Solving difficult marriages: Programming the heck out of both partners everyone gets much happier…
- Challenging Minds: I enjoy working with people who “regular” psychology has failed, because after all they’ve suffered I get to show them how easily they can change.
- Transformational leaps: This is the core of my life and my work. I’m bored by small thinkers, and I love working with people who think massive and go after it.
Consulting Companies On Systematic Winning
As my work with leaders kept evolving I saw that we needed a way to build better solutions for their companies, and I started assembling a consulting firm, BLK.
We don’t do “generic” consulting, we are only focused on one thing—How do you win more by getting better?
We’ve just gotten started, but here’s some of the things we’re doing:
- Leaving a big bank and starting a firm: From scratch. How?
- Starting a hedge, VC or private equity fund: How do you become the leader you want to be and build a firm? How do you master the sale to close your fund bigger and in record time?
- Transforming investment shops: We have deep expertise with asset managers, and love optimizing every aspect of the machine.
- Dynamic companies: We’re focused on the hardest topics of leadership, culture, skills and team building, as well as big transitions.
- Private equity: Transforming portfolio companies. Not that “sending in operating partners” nonsense, but systematically transforming processes, people… and multiples.
Engage With Us
Truth is, whether it’s with private clients or in our consulting firm, my work isn’t for everyone.
I build hardcore solutions for serious people focused on winning more in hardcore environments.
I’m highly sensitive to my value creation and I only take on clients where it’s clear we can create more than 10X our fee in value.
If you’re serious about getting what you want, and you think we might enjoy connecting, check in with me on the contact page.