Getting what you want is easier when you focus on what matters. While planning and execution are the essential practical steps that enable success at any goal, it is our mindset that determines our ability to plan and execute. Mindset matters and cultivating a powerful mindset is a crucial enabler of success.
All people, and most certainly successful people, have noisy minds; you know, that inner voice that just never shuts up. While it’s not possible (or desirable) to shut it up, it is simple to shut it out and to quit paying attention. Here’s an easy solution, no meditation required. Buy and read this short, elegant, and transformational book – The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer.
Here’s some of my favorite quotes:
- “Your thoughts have far less impact on this world than you think”
- “Come to know the one who watches the voice, and you will come to know one of the great mysteries of creation”
- “Instead of being aware of your thoughts, you’re aware that you’re aware of your thought”
- “We’re not really trying to be free of our stuff; were trying to justify keeping it”
- “Your mind is always telling you that you have to change something outside in order to solve your inner problems…but…Your mind’s thoughts are disturbed by its fears”
- “In time, you will come to realize that the center from which you watch disturbance cannot get disturbed”
- “Life is not something you get; you experience. Life exists with or without you”